This will not be the most popular of my blogs. It is a followup of the April 18, 2022 which would definitely NOT be your favorite either. But If I stayed on this topic for too long I would have no readers. Also there is a fear of censorship from the UAE where websites and other information can be blocked and is frequently blocked, I have heard. This does not exactly lead to freedom of expression.
Research into the Great Tribulation, the Judgment Day to end all Judgement Days has continued. There are some different viewpoints particularly when discussing Mahdi, also known as the Guided One. One source lists 57 signs. Mahdi will be the last of the minor signs of the Judgement Day. Therefore all signs of the Judgement Day are also considered as the signs of the appearance of Mahdi. Sone scholars have listed 57 minor signs. That list has been examined, been analyzed based on my experiences, insights, observations, research and examination of current events in the UAE over the six months that I was in residence here. The following are minor signs I have observed – both in the UAE and in the world over…
You shall note that I have seen troubling signs – 51 of the 57. It is rather frightening, in a way. However, I (and most believing Muslims, not the hypocrites) look forward to the appearance of the Mahdi as there will be peace for a time and the bad guys will get what is coming to them. I do rather enjoy, in fact quite relish, that part. The bad guys get what is coming to them and they are totally out of control, not knowing when the next shoe is going to drop. I shall lighten things up a bit and define when the next shoe is going to drop. That expression has an interesting history. “Common experience of tenement living in apartment-style housing in New York City and other large cities during the manufacturing boom of the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Apartments were built with very similar designs, with the bedrooms located directly above and underneath one another. Thus, it was normal to hear a neighbor removing their shoes in the apartment above. As one shoe made a sound hitting the floor, the expectation for the other shoe to make a similar disturbance was created.” It has also been used in this context: But the expression, in this instance means to await an undesirable inevitability. So those Rulers, those in command these days, know something is going to happen that is not good news and know it will be inevitable and that it is undesirable. Inevitable means bound to happen.
It has the strongest of synonyms: unavoidable, inescapable, bound to happen, sure to happen, inexorable, unpreventable, assured, certain, for sure, sure, fated, predestined, predetermined, preordained, ineluctable; necessary, compulsory, required, obligatory, mandatory, prescribed. The antonyms should also bring fear into the hearts of the Rulers (if they have hearts, that is). Avoidable. uncertain.
Here are the minor signs seen by my eyes in the UAE and the world in general.
- The coming of fitna (tribulations) and removal of khushoo (fearfulness of God, reverence of God, etc.)[
- A person passing by a grave might say to another the following: “I wish it were my abode.
- The loss of honesty, as well as authority put in the hands of those who do not deserve it.
- The loss of knowledge and the prevalence of religious ignorance.
- Frequent, sudden, and unexpected deaths.
- Increase in Al-Harj (pointless killings).
- Acceleration of time.[
- Rejection of the Hadith.
- The spread of riba and zina and the drinking of alcohol.
- Widespread acceptance of music.
- Pride and competition in the decoration of mosques
- Women will increase in number and men will decrease in number so much so that fifty women will be looked after by one man.
- Abundance of earthquakes.
- Frequent occurrences of disgrace, distortion, public humiliation and defamation.
- When people wish to die because of the severe trials and tribulations that they are suffering.
- When paying charity becomes a burden.
- Nomads will compete in the construction of very tall buildings
- Women will appear naked despite their being dressed.
- People will seek knowledge from misguided and straying scholars.
- Liars will be believed, honest people disbelieved, and faithful people called traitors.]
- The death of righteous, knowledgeable people.
- The emergence of indecency (obscenity) and enmity among relatives and neighbours.
- The rise of idolatry and polytheists within the Ummah.
- The land of the Arabs will return to being a land of rivers and fields
- People will increasingly earn money by unlawful (Haram) ways.
- There will be much rain but little vegetation.
- Evil people will be expelled from Medina.[
- Wild animals will communicate with humans, and humans will communicate with objects.
- Lightning and thunder will become more prevalent.
- There will be a special greeting for people of distinction
- Trade will become so widespread that a woman will help her husband in business.
- No truly honest man will remain and no one will be trusted.
- Only the worst people will be left; they will not know any good nor forbid any evil (i.e. No one will say there is no god but Allah).
- Nations will call each other to destroy Islam by any and every means.[
- Islamic knowledge will be passed on, but no one will follow it correctly.[
- Muslim rulers will come who do not follow the guidance and tradition of the Sunnah. Some of their men will have the hearts of devils in a human body.
- Stinginess will become more widespread and honorable people will perish.]
- A man will obey his wife and disobey his mother, and treat his friend kindly while shunning his father.
- Voices will be raised in the mosques.
- The leader of a people will be the worst of them.
- People will treat a man with respect because they fear the evil he could do.
- Much wine will be drunk.]
- Muslims shall fight against a nation who wear shoes made of hair and with faces like hammered shields, with red complexions and small eyes.
- The truce and joint Roman-Muslim campaign against a common enemy, followed by al-Malhama al-Kubra (Armageddon), a Roman vs. Muslim w
- An Arab king will die. There will be disagreement concerning succession. Then a man will emerge from Medina. He will hurry to Mecca, and the people of Mecca will come out to him and urge him and try to force him to accept the Bai’aa. One of the last of the lesser signs, and which will signal the coming of the 10 major signs is the appearance of the Mahdi.
- Seeing fire in the sky
- Successive wars and death of many people in the world[
- Creation and development of science and knowledge in Qom
- Increasing injustice and corruption in the world
- All Islamic knowledge will be lost to the extent that people will not say “Lā ilāha illā llāh” (There is no god but Allah), but instead old people will babble without understanding, “God, God”
- People will fornicate in the streets “like donkeys
It is rather frightening actually, Moreover, very recently an Arab king has died. Read the newspapers. The King in Abu Dhabi, the King of the United Arab Emeritus. That man. He has been very ill for years, as a stroke had incapacitated him. It does appear that succession has been solved, but perhaps not. I have the sneaking suspicion that the situation is more complicated than it appears.
Attached will be a photograph of the view from the 23rd floor of the Chateau Lacombe, my view. It is heaven indeed. Hahaha. The Chateau Lacombe is indeed a chateau which according to Wikipedia is: A château (French pronunciation: [ʃɑˈto]; plural: châteaux) is a manor house or residence of the lord of the manor, or a fine country house of nobility or gentry, with or without fortifications, originally, and still most frequently, in French-speaking regions.
How could anyone forget that I was frequently, (and always actually), called Sheikha Fatimah in Abu Dhabi.