I do remain totally bummed about being hacked. But I do objectively realize that I have no reason to be for oh so many reasons. It is best for me to list them – so it may be boring for you but that is too bad for you because you are not paying for this anyway.
- Chris my wonderful blog guru spotted it immediately, informed me and fixed it. There seemed to be some problems yesterday but it was just my stupid Apple phone.
- People have been wonderfully supportive – some written comments will be included but yesterday I want to the Equinox, stood by the front desk and just howled in pain. I got kleenex and hugs. Sir Richard of Hot said: “I bet you scared those women at the front desk! “I asked them and they said:” No, of courser not. We knew you would b fine.”
- Jordan said: “I understand that your blog is your pride and joy and to have it violated in such a way is truly distressing. PTSD is so sneaky isn’t it, rearing its head unexpectedly.”
- Another said: “Hacking can happen to the best of people ; and its no more than a mosquito on the hide of an elephant, if you will forgive the analogy.”
- Jenn W. “It was good to talk to you yesterday, but I’m so sorry to hear your blog was hacked! How awful! I’m glad that Chris can take care of it for you. I’m sure it’s (deleted) (and his family’s) way of getting back at you because he/they has no other way to affect you so drastically.’
There is a saying on a postcard that sits upon my mantel: “I’ve learned so much from my mistakes…I’m thinking of making a few more.” I love the sentiment and I am a person who can admit that she has made a mistake and then learn from it. This is what I have learned. I do know and I have expressed this on the blog – the only thing you can do with evil is walk away from it. No one can ever battle it and win because evil fights dirty and one has to employ similar tactics or else defeat is inevitable. Or in the words of my beloved uncle: “Alexis, stop fighting! Go to the sidelines, they will do themselves in.” I was sassing evil, stomping my foot, using my wicked sense of humour. I have learned, I have stopped. I did it once – I did walk away but then I got over confident and sassy. A mistake!!
I awoke this morning in a total funk and then made a mistake. Yes, I admit it. I replied to an email but then took a sleeping pill to go back to sleep thinking I could not face the day. Now that was stupid because I woke up for the second time in a total funk. But then something cheered me up and I will pass it on. David, my buddy from London sent this stupid joke.
Working people frequently ask retired people what they do to make their days interesting.Well, for example, the other day my wife and I went into town
and went into a shop.We were only in there for about 5 minutes.When we came out, there was a cop writing out a parking ticket.We went up to him and said, “Come on man, how about giving
a senior citizen a break?” He ignored us and continued writing the ticket.
I called him a Nazi t +++.He glared at me and started writing another ticket for having
worn tires.So my wife called him a s***-head.He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first. Then he started writing a third ticket.This went on for about 20 minutes.
The more we abused him, the more tickets he wrote.Personally, we didn’t care. We came into town by bus.
I just laughed and laughed and sent off a response to David telling him I am going to blog it. I am going to the symphony at 2 today for the Tea & Trumpets concert. It looks fascinating. It is called The Magic of Dance and features Tchaikovsky, Delibes, Brahms, Vivaldi and others. You get free tea and cookies and although it i raining out the Orpheum is only a block away. So there! So there! So there!
I include a cute back story. I sent a man a complimentary email.
Me: by the way – i did love that you joined a demonstration and the comment about 5 members, 6 cars and 7 opinions. As you can imagine I get royally pissed off with you but joining demonstrations, giving excellent theatre reviews and your wonderful sense of humour is endearing. And when you picked up garbage and put it in the bin at a bus stop and brought me a stool to sit on at the Wallace Collection lecture. You do have your winning ways. Your fan. (inconsistent admittedly) x Alexis
He: Can I have a reference for my web site?
Me: of course not! Why should I share a good thing??? Where are my ** by the way? A.
He: I thought we had moved to a higher plane, where the physical gestures are no longer required; but as you are a weak woman *
Now, is not that funny???I recall saying on July 6,2017 that for me a man’s brain is the chief erogenous zone. The ‘email’ man said to me: “It is not the sex – it is your mind that I am drawn to. I responded in a confident manner: “I must be really smart then.”
A woman wants to be admired, to be loved, for her brain, not for perky silicone breasts or a rounded rear end, or a skinny body. Well a woman of worth anyway. So there! So there! So there!